Hey there! If you’re still on the banana bread bandwagon, I’ve got the ultimate recipe for you!
Seriously, ditch all the other recipes and give this one a shot. This banana bread is bursting with flavor, super moist without being too heavy, and that cinnamon crunch on top is the perfect finishing touch. I’m always making desserts, but I couldn’t resist devouring this one.
Best Banana Bread With Cinnamon Crunch
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter 113g
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar 55g
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar 100g
- 2 eggs make sure they’re cold
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 large extra ripe bananas (mashed, about 400g)
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour 195g
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sour cream 120g – you can also use yogurt as a substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon + 1 tablespoon of sugar for the optional cinnamon crunch
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and get your loaf pan ready with parchment paper and a bit of butter.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, turn the heat to the lowest flame, add the granulated and brown sugars, and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and wait around 5 minutes. Then, add the eggs and vanilla, whisking for 1-2 minutes until you get a smooth, silky mixture.
- Mix in those mashed bananas until everything’s well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt, and gently fold until it’s all mixed in.
- Finally, fold in the sour cream.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and sprinkle that cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until your banana bread is cooked through.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes in the loaf pan before turning it out. Now, it’s time to enjoy!