Get ready to snuggle up this holiday season with the ultimate treat – a homemade Vegan Peppermint Mocha that’s as easy as it is delicious! Picture this: a warm mug cradled in your hands, filled with a rich, creamy, and chocolatey concoction that perfectly blends the festive flavors of chocolate, peppermint, and espresso. It’s the ideal drink to elevate your holiday moments.
Vegan Peppermint Mocha
- ½ cup of your favorite nondairy creamer or unsweetened milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons of maple syrup you can also use agave syrup or another liquid sweetener
- 1 ½ tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Double shot of espresso equivalent to 2 ounces of very strong coffee
- Optional toppings: nondairy whipped cream and crushed candy canes
- Brew a double shot of espresso into a large mug.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients (except espresso). Whisk until the cocoa powder is dissolved, and the mixture is hot (no need to bring it to a boil).
- Use a handheld milk frother to froth the peppermint mocha mixture.
- Pour the peppermint mocha creamer into the brewed espresso. Optionally, top it off with nondairy whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
- If you don’t have an espresso machine, use the darkest roast you can find or make double-strength regular coffee (2 ounces or ¼ cup).
- For a decaffeinated version, feel free to use decaffeinated coffee or espresso.
- Substitute maple syrup with agave syrup or another liquid sweetener. If using regular sugar, heat and whisk until completely dissolved.
- Make a big batch to last the week by increasing ingredient quantities. Store the leftover creamer in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Simply let the espresso and homemade creamer come to room temperature before serving, then pour over ice. No need to froth the milk for an iced version. Enjoy your Vegan Peppermint Mocha in any weather!