Making your own delicious froyo is a breeze with just three simple ingredients. This homemade frozen yogurt is creamy, tangy, and sweet – the perfect canvas for piling on your favorite toppings!
Creating your own froyo at home is surprisingly easy. While it requires a bit of freezing time, most of the process is hands-off!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups of fresh mango choose the ripest mango for extra creaminess
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt regular or non-dairy
- 2 tbsp of sweetener such as honey, agave, or maple syrup
- Optional: a squeeze of lime juice
- To make this delightful treat, toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth as silk.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and let it freeze until rock solid (around 4-6 hours). Once done, take it out of the freezer and let it sit for 10 minutes before blending.
- Pop the frozen cubes into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until it turns creamy (usually 1 1/2-2 minutes). It might not seem right at first, but trust the process. If it’s stubborn, add a dollop or two of non-frozen yogurt to help it blend.
- Indulge immediately for that perfect froyo texture or transfer it to a freezer container for a more ice cream-like consistency. We recommend savoring it right away!
- For the yogurt, choose plain for a less sweet froyo, or go for vanilla or another flavor for a sweeter twist.
- Regarding sweeteners, our version uses 2 tbsp. It’s just a tad sweet with the natural sweetness from the mango. If you prefer it sweeter, toss in an extra 1-2 tbsp.