Hey there! If you’re looking for a recipe to try, I’ve got a delicious one for you! 🤤🥭🍰
For a scrumptious 9” cake, you’ll need around 3-4 hours, including cooling time.
Mango and Cream Cake
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 140 g of white sugar
- 90 g of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of mango cubes
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2.5 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 to 1 mango blended
- 1 mango sliced, for decoration
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line two 9” baking pans.
- For the sponge, whisk together sugar and eggs until thick and ribbony (about 5 min on high speed).
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder; sift into the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in without knocking out the air. Use a hand whisk and mix slowly.
- Add the melted butter and fold gently for the right sponge texture.
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake for 12 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool on a wire rack.
- For the syrup, mix all ingredients in a nonstick pan and cook on low heat until slightly syrupy. Mash the mango for flavor, strain, and let it cool.
- Whip up chilled cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until it forms stiff peaks. Don’t overmix, or it will become grainy.
- Blend half a mango and thinly slice more for decoration.
- For assembly, divide each cake into 2 halves to get 4 layers. Brush each layer with syrup, cover with cream, and spoon over half the pulp. Repeat (you can add pulp to every layer too).
- Cover the cake with a thin crumb coating of cream and chill for 15 min. Coat with more cream and smooth using a spatula.
- Cover with mango slices placed in concentric circles.