Have you given my lemon loaf cake recipe a try yet? It’s the softest, fluffiest, and yummiest lemon loaf that’s also super easy to make. Trust me, it’ll add a little sunshine to your day!
I absolutely love baking, but sometimes the best recipes are the simple ones. Imagine a one-bowl wonder that’s ready in just an hour – this is it! Don’t pass up the chance to try it out.
Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1 cup of sugar 220g
- Zest of 2-3 lemons I prefer Meyer lemons
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil 90g
- 1/4 cup of milk 60g
- Optional: 1 tsp of lemon extract I skip it, but Starbucks uses it; you can use vanilla essence instead
- 1 3/4 cups of flour 230g
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of sour cream 120g, or you can use yogurt
- 4 tbsp of lemon juice
For the glaze:
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of warm cream
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a 9×5” loaf pan with parchment and butter.
- Rub lemon zest into the sugar until it looks fluffy. Add eggs and whisk for 2 min until light and frothy.
- Add oil, milk, and extract (if using), and whisk until combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and fold.
- Lastly, add the sour cream and lemon juice and combine until mixed.
- Immediately pour the batter into the prepared pan. Run a butter knife through the center to ensure the loaf cracks in the middle.
- Bake for 40-50 min, checking around the 40 min mark with a toothpick.
- Let the cake cool for 15 min before turning it out of the pan.
- Mix the ingredients for the glaze, and drizzle it over the cake. Slice and enjoy!