Here’s our quick and easy recipe for a tasty mug cake inspired by Hostess Ho Hos—ready in just 1 minute! Packed with ooey-gooey marshmallow fluff, it’s perfect for sharing (though we totally get it if you want it all to yourself 🤣).
Ho Ho Mug Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup whole milk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup marshmallow fluff plus more to taste
- Grab a microwave-safe bowl and toss in the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Give it a good whisk to mix everything up.
- Pour in the melted butter, crack in the eggs, and add the milk. Stir it up until you’ve got a smooth batter.
- Pop it in the microwave on high for one minute (or up to 90 seconds depending on your microwave). Stick a toothpick in the center—it should come out clean. Be careful not to overcook; we want a moist cake, not a rubbery one!
- Cut a small piece from the center of the cake and set it aside.
- Spoon that marshmallow fluff goodness into the hole you made and put the cake piece back on top.
- Serve it up right away and enjoy your quick, indulgent treat!