Introducing these delicious GREEK-INSPIRED MASHED POTATOES – a fun twist on your usual potato dish this year! Imagine the perfect blend of a potato salad and mashed potatoes – it’s absolutely amazing!
Greek Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Laughing Cow cheese wedges at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup Kalamata olives plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup green olives plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Optional: feta cheese olives, olive oil, and crushed red pepper for garnish
- In a big pot, toss in the potato chunks and add cold water until they’re just covered. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of salt and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and let them cook until they’re fork-tender – about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. Add in the cheese, salt, pepper, and cumin. Mash it all up using a potato masher, and then give it a good stir with a strong spoon.
- Mix in the olives and parsley. For an extra flair, garnish with feta cheese, olives, olive oil, and crushed red pepper if you like. Serve it up warm and enjoy this tasty twist on mashed potatoes!