Get ready for a delicious experience every time you whip up these Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks with Potatoes! These drumsticks turn out full of flavor and juicy without fail. All you need to do is marinate the chicken and potatoes, toss them in the oven, and voila – dinner is served! The chicken’s juices work their magic on the potatoes, resulting in buttery, tender, and incredibly tasty spuds.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 small Yukon Gold potatoes halved
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, smoked paprika, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper in a bowl to create the marinade.
- Take half of the marinade and place it in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the halved Yukon Gold potatoes, seal the bag, and toss to coat the potatoes thoroughly. Set aside.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in another large resealable plastic bag, pour the remaining marinade over them, seal the bag, and shake it to coat the chicken evenly. Let it marinate for about 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Arrange the marinated potatoes on one side of a large baking dish and place the marinated chicken drumsticks on the other side.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the foil, increase the oven temperature to broil, and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes develop a golden brown color.
- Once done, remove the baking dish from the oven. Use any reserved marinade (not used on raw chicken) to brush on top of the cooked chicken and potatoes for extra flavor.
- Serve the Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks and Roasted Potatoes hot, garnished with fresh herbs like parsley or basil if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Enjoy your delightful meal!