Making palmiers, those deliciously crispy and buttery cookies, is a breeze with just three simple ingredients. These treats are not only easy to whip up but also perfect for dipping into a warm cup of coffee ☕️.
Here’s what you need:
Chocolate Dipped Orange Palmiers
- 14 oz puff pastry thawed (we used @dufourpastrykitchens – it’s so good)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest from 2 large or 3 smaller oranges
- Optional: 4 oz dark or semisweet chocolate
- To infuse your sugar with a burst of citrus flavor, zest the oranges and massage the zest into the sugar. For an extra touch, you can spread the mixture on a baking sheet and let it bask in the sun for about an hour – it spreads better this way.
- Now, let’s get to the fun part. Sprinkle an even layer of sugar on a clean surface, place your thawed puff pastry on top, and liberally sprinkle your orange sugar all over it. Press the sugar in with your hands and give it a gentle roll with a rolling pin. Most store-bought puff pastry will be about 10×11, but adjust accordingly. Fold, sprinkle, and fold again. Pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- Take it out of the freezer, cut into 1/2 inch thick cookies, and space them out on parchment paper (skip the silicone mat). Bake for 8-10 minutes, then flip with a spatula and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes. They should be a delightful golden brown without any overly caramelized sections.
- For the finishing touch, dip these golden wonders in melted chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining orange sugar. Now, savor the joy of your homemade palmiers!