Let’s whip up a delicious cake with simple steps and yummy ingredients!
Blackberry Ricotta Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 4-ounce stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- Turn your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter and sprinkle a bit of flour to prevent sticking.
- In a big bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together 3 large eggs, 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract until it’s smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mix. Gently stir until everything is well combined. Add the melted butter and stir again. Finally, fold in 1 cup of blackberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining blackberries on top. Bake for about 1 hour until the edges turn a lovely golden brown.
- Let the cake cool for 20 minutes before taking it out of the pan. You can top it with whipped honey ricotta, a drizzle of honey, and more blackberries if you like, or simply enjoy it as it is.