Enjoy a delightful fall morning with these delicious apple muffins!
For the Crumble Topping:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour scoop and level
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup soft coconut oil
For the Muffins:
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour scoop and level
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour scoop and level
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour scoop and level
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup avocado oil or another neutral oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and diced apple
For the Glaze:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 1½ tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Heat the oven to 400°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Prepare the crumble topping: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add coconut oil and mix until crumbly. Be careful not to overmix.
- Mix the muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt.
- In another bowl, vigorously whisk almond milk, applesauce, sugar, avocado oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, folding in the diced apples. Use a ⅓-cup measuring cup to scoop batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle crumble topping on each. Bake for 17 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon almond milk until smooth. If too thick, add more almond milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it reaches a drizzleable consistency. Drizzle over the cooled muffins. Enjoy!